The Pool Clinic has been in business since 1957 (ACN. 59 000 194 392)
Originally known as The Clydesmere Company (we strung tennis rackets) our name was changed to The Pool Owners Club of Australia, our current company name, when Sidney Dunn entered the pool business in 1957. This was a few years after S.M. Dunn (our partner company – we also produce and sell shearing equipment) was started in 1948. Sidney’s son, Richard Dunn, worked at the shop between 1970 and 1973 before taking over in 1973. Our original premises at 63 Allingham St Bankstown (just around the corner from our current location) was actually a building from the former Cowra prisoner of war camp. We sold this building in 1988 and moved to our new premises at 7 Eldon Avenue, Georges Hall in the former Airport Squash building. Shortly after our former premises burnt down and it was replaced by factory warehouses. At this time we renamed our new shop, The Pool Clinic. Our new showroom is more than 10 times bigger than the old one and the space has allowed us to branch into other areas, like Spas. We also lease space to Bankstown Brake & Lining, Hairem Hairdressers and The Julie Parkes School of Dance.
The Pool Clinic website has been online since 1997.
Originally at welcome.to/poolclinic/ our site was hosted by Angelfire (www.angelfire.com/biz/poolclinic/). Due to the increasing number of advertisements we moved our site in 2003 to Hypermart (imagemen.hypermart.net/poolclinic/ ). In 2010 we upgraded our hosting to provide even better services, no ads and more space for expansion and moved to the new domain of www.poolclinic.com.au. In 2014 we are now setting up our first WordPress site as poolclinic.wordpress.com providing us with a dynamic website that will now work on computers, tablets and mobile devices.
Our original building at 63 Allingham St was moved and reconstructed from the Cowra prisoner of war camp following World War II. Weeks after relocating to our new premises at 7 Eldon Ave in 1988 the old building was destroyed by fire. Our current premises were formerly Airport Squash and the original courts are still visible.